Associate Director, Analytical Chemistry
|Date Posted:||Oct 07, 2021|
|Focus / Industry:|
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cybin has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team!
Aleading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressingpsychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms,innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches, and treatmentregimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn moreabout Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This individual will report to the SVP CMC and work with cross-functional teams and external partners to lead analytical chemistry efforts as they relate to both research and developmental programs at Cybin. The position will be responsible for developing analytical methods, controls strategy, and overseeing activities at contract development and manufacturing organizations and the internal laboratory. The successful candidate will lead small molecule drug substance and product analytical development from early stages to Phase III. This position will work out of our Boston lab.
- MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry or related discipline
- 10+ years in product development in support of preclinical and clinical drug development.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced small company with aggressive timelines and milestones.
- Has excellent working knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with relation to matters of importance within the Research & Development company sectors.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a broad range of internal functions.
- Must possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker. Understand the DS and DP development process and their impact on analytical method development, validation strategies, and specifications.
- Excellent contingency planning and time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with IND submissions.
- Assist with the development and management of the Analytical Development function budget.
- Participate in the development and revision of SOPs, product specifications, provide scientific input, and critique analytical results.
- Hands-on knowledge of HPLC instruments, method development, qualification, and validation (with different detection modalities, e.g., UV, FLD, ELSD, etc.) as well as method transfer to the third parties.
- Working knowledge of the LC/MS method development including bioanalytical methods.
- Working knowledge of other analytical methods required for material characterization for the IND enablement (GC-MS, metal analysis, NMR, etc.).
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills and ability to produce project reports and curate analytical sections of other developmental reports.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply andexpress their interest by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us at HR@cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We appreciate all applications however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.