Director, Investor Relations (Psychedelics)
|Date Posted:||Jun 04, 2021|
|Focus / Industry:|
San Diego, California, USA
Tryp Therapeutics is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing clinical-stage compounds for the treatment of diseases with unmet medical needs through accelerated regulatory pathways. Tryp's Psilocybin-For-Neuropsychiatric Disorders, or PFN™, program is focused on the development of synthetic psilocybin as a new class of drug for the treatment of certain indications including chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and eating disorders. Tryp is also developing a formulation of razoxane for the treatment of soft tissue sarcomas, a prevalent form of pediatric cancer. For more information visit www.tryptherapeutics.com.
Tryp is hiring a Director, Investor Relations to lead the execution of the company’s investor relations activities. This is an opportunity to shape the messaging, education, and communication for investors in the fast-moving, psychedelic drug development sector.
The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills, be functionally independent, and be operationally minded with significant experience in investor relations for publicly traded biotech/pharmaceutical companies. The candidate will also be expert in crafting messages to create a high level of interest and engagement in the company by investors as well as to meet the reporting requirements of financial regulators. The Director, Investor Relations will be responsible for executing on the company’s IR strategy and managing an engaged network of service providers.
The position reports to Tryp’s CFO and will be preferably based in San Diego, California or as a remote role within the United States or Canada.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the execution of the company’s investor relations strategy
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the company’s technologies, strategy, operations, and financial performance in order to accurately represent these to the investment community
- Effectively lead and manage the company’s external IR/PR relationships including a network of content developers, news media outlets, social media platforms, and digital media channels
- Draft and finalize all corporate communications including press releases, digital and social media content, support for regulatory filings, etc.
- Develop communication materials (presentations, Q&A, scripts, key messages/talking points, etc.) in collaboration with management in preparation for investor and analyst events, roadshows, conferences, one-on-one meetings, site visits, and announcements
- Review, edit, and approve content generated by service providers
- Coordinate with legal counsel to ensure compliance on regulatory matters and ensure that content complies with applicable rules and regulations
- Develop and maintain rolling investor relations calendars for press releases, filings, events, and the dissemination of content through multiple channels
- Design and implement a proactive investor segmentation strategy with a view to expand and deepen Tryp’s long-term investor base, in collaboration with management and service providers
- Plan and manage content and logistics for investor events, interviews, and other outward-facing activities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with analysts, investors, and prospective investors
- Communicate financial performance, business conditions, company strategies, and developments to sell-side analysts and investors
- Interact with the investment community on behalf of Tryp and be proficient at communicating the company vision and story, including managing day-to-day inquiries
- Follow market and industry trends, including peer company performance, metrics, and messaging
- Monitor daily trading activity and coordinate appropriate company responses
- Provide analytics and tracking of IR activity and investor engagement
- BA or BS required; advanced degree (MA, MBA, or other ) a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience fulfilling IR responsibilities for publicly traded biotech/pharmaceutical companies either in-house or with an IR firm
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a proven ability to draft impactful press releases and other corporate communications and to interact with external and internal stakeholders effectively and credibly
- Successful track record of interfacing with the investment community and established relationships with biotech investors and analysts
- Deep knowledge and understanding of public capital markets
- Strong understanding of disclosure requirements of financial regulators, as well as filing requirements
- Uncompromising ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment, and the highest level of discretion
- Familiarity with valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- Superb attention to detail and ability to set priorities to address critical tasks
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, variable, and deadline-driven environment
Fluency in English
Working in the US:
Must legally be permitted to work in the US or Canada