|Oct 07, 2021
|Focus / Industry:
Cybin has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches, and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director, Neuropharmacology will initiate and direct new psychedelic, or non-psychedelic biology and pharmacology programs to evaluate and validate the neuropharmacological properties of new chemical entities. The position requires a strong background in behavioral neuropharmacology and knowledge of additional physiological and biochemistry techniques that enable the integration of results to develop neurocircuit and cellular-based hypotheses of drug mechanisms of action.
- Provide scientific and technical oversight of all aspects of the pharmacological and neurochemical evaluation of the discovery and development of NCEs, new formulations, and new delivery systems of existing and novel programs.
- Applies technical expertise to design and conduct pharmacology studies at external parties to support the development of novel small molecules for psychiatric and neurological conditions. Develops mechanistic hypotheses and delivers research results to enhance understanding of the mechanism of action & effects on behavior and neurocircuit modulation.
- Conducts experiments and develops assays at external parties critical to understand the in-vivo therapeutic activity, efficacy, and PK/PD properties.
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis and quality control of data provided.
- Manages research-related documentation including study plans, data files, and scientific reports supporting regulatory filings.
- Responsible for identifying and managing CROs and academic partners to achieve the drug discovery and drug development objectives.
- Seeks and develops new external relationships to apply new technologies to CNS discovery programs (especially related to assessment of behavioral endpoints and neurocircuit modulation in preclinical research models of psychiatric and neurological disorders).
- Provide oversight of neuropharmacological safety evaluation (GLP).
- Provide insights and guidance on translational studies that can facilitate the eventual clinical evaluation of novel compounds.
- Works effectively in project teams with medicinal chemists, pharmacologists, preclinical safety, and translational medicine scientists to advance novel agents into clinical development.
- Communicates research results to internal and external stakeholders
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time.
- Ph.D./MS, Neuroscience, Pharmacology or related field
- Graduate degree in CNS research is preferred, with 5-10 years of relevant post-doctoral research or industry experience demonstrating the successful application of behavioral neuropharmacology to advance neuroscience research.
- Highly skilled in establishing and executing preclinical in vivo behavioral assays including, but not limited to, the assessment of small molecules in models of psychiatric and neurological disorders
- Knowledge of behavioral and neurophysiological techniques (eg. behavioral studies, EEG, biomarkers, imaging, and neurochemical measurements) and ability to broadly apply different technologies to explore the mechanistic hypothesis of drug action
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
- Academic research with a strong drug discovery and development focus will be considered
- Proven track record of working in a project leadership role with CMO and CRO partners to deliver on project milestones
- Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently, with the capacity to generate new ideas and excel in a cross-functional team
- Managerial experience preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com