|Date Posted:||Apr 13, 2022|
|Focus / Industry:|
New York, New York, USA
San Francisco, California, USA
London, England, United Kingdom
COMPASS Pathways plc is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
COMP360 has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for treatment-resistant depression (TRD), and we have completed a phase IIb clinical trial of psilocybin therapy for TRD, in 22 sites across Europe and North America. We are also running a phase II clinical trial of COMP360 psilocybin therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). COMPASS is headquartered in London, UK, with offices in New York and San Francisco in the US, and listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange. Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing.
In 2021, we developed the first version of our ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) framework. Our mission puts us on a trajectory to achieve tremendous social impact; articulating this impact is key to ensure it remains at the heart of our strategy and operational plans. We have also identified a set of governance- and environment-related issues that we believe are critical to deliver our mission ethically and responsibly. Finally, we have prioritised a number of issues where, as a leader in mental health care, we believe it is important we take a position and act.
The Impact Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing our ESG programme to ensure our ESG priorities:
- take into account expectations from our key stakeholders (including patients, therapists, regulators, payers, employees, partners and investors)
- are aligned with our overall strategy, and right-sized for a company at our stage of development and operating in our sector
- are embedded in our operational plans, processes, roles and responsibilities
- are communicated effectively and well understood internally and externally, and contribute to COMPASS’s position as a leader in mental health care
Location: Home based in the United Kingdom or United States, can also work from our offices in San Francisco (US), New York (US) or London (UK).
Reports to: The Impact Manager will report to the Head of Corporate Affairs.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Refine and continuously evolve our ESG framework and ambitions, taking into account:
- latest developments in the regulatory and legal landscape for ESG
- expectations and feedback from our key stakeholders (including patients, therapists, regulators, payers, employees, partners and investors)
- evolutions in our strategy
- progress from COMPASS teams on identified ESG priorities
- Coordinate the implementation of our ESG initiatives across functions, ensuring clear ownership by relevant functional owners, identifying and addressing potential roadblocks
- Lead the implementation of a subset of ESG initiatives, working closely with the relevant functional head (eg: EDI initiatives with our Chief People Officer, building a baseline for our environmental impact with our Head of Manufacturing & Supply)
- Develop processes to ensure compliance with our ESG targets across functions, and analyse COMPASS’s sustainability performance
- Identify, investigate and assess opportunities for new ESG initiatives
- Engage with relevant partners and suppliers, together with our Legal and Procurement teams, to ensure our ESG priorities are reflected in the projects they lead
- Provide oversight and guidance for ESG incident management
- Report progress on ESG initiatives and updates to the ESG framework to the Executive Team and the Board of Directors
- Maintain an up-to-date repository of the company’s ambitions and progress on ESG-relevant initiatives, or rationale for de-prioritising ESG issues, and respond quickly to ESG-related queries
- Work with our Communications team to develop ESG messaging and communication plans for internal and external audiences, ensuring
- our ESG programme is well understood and easily accessible
- enthusiasm for and engagement with our ESG programme
- ESG messaging is consistent with and reflected in overall company messaging, including on the Responsibility section of our website
- comprehensive ESG disclosures in our company filings (annual report, proxy, etc) in collaboration with our General Counsel and relevant functional owners
- clear metrics for the ESG programme (eg sustainability report, ESG scorecards)
- Master’s level
- Significant industry experience (pharma/biotech/healthcare sector is a plus)
- Strong understanding of sustainability and ESG-related concepts, frameworks and legislation in at least one of the US or UK, with clear-sighted thinking on future evolution of the ESG landscape and the ability to draw implications for a company-wide programme
- Experience of delivering ESG management successfully across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of coordinating the implementation of a multi-initiative programme cross-functionally (eg project management office)
- Action-oriented, self-starter, initiative-taker mindset
- Balanced mix of strategic and tactical mindset
- Ability to gain buy-in and alignment from internal stakeholders with diverse functional priorities, seniority level and interest
- Strong and clear communicator, embodying our company values of being compassionate, inclusive, bold and rigorous.
- Ability to craft compelling narrative and to communicate concepts and information to non-specialists
- Ability to lead by example, with a strong sense of integrity and business ethics, and a communicative enthusiasm for sustainability topics
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.