|atai Life Sciences
|Jun 12, 2021
|Focus / Industry:
New York City, New York, USA
The Manager FP&A will play a critical part in informing the atai Leadership team on strategic direction by providing information on the financial outlook of the business and supporting analyses to explain underlying business dynamics. In addition to working to create and review the consolidated budget, forecasts, financial models and related analyses, the Manager will be responsible for developing analysis capabilities that the FP&A organization can leverage to support various business partners. This opportunity will allow the Manager to contribute to the foundation of the FP&A function at atai. This role requires proactivity, strong communication skills and involves significant interaction and relationship building with key stakeholders across the atai Finance organization, atai operations, R&D, venture and management of parent and subsidiary companies.
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- The opportunity to participate in the company's success via an option plan
Who you are
- You have a demonstrated ability to attend to multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment without losing focus of the larger goal.
- You thrive in a global, dynamic, complex environment. You are comfortable working with a global team across time zones, different cultures, and various local rules and regulations.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills to set strategy and translate strategy into tactics.
- You overcome obstacles collaboratively while respecting others’ points of view, and you empower your team to be creative and resourceful.
- You strive to be a thought-leader in your area of expertise. You are always learning and are always well informed on the state-of-the-art in your discipline.
- You are internally motivated to implement best practices in a continuous cycle of improvement.
- You can inspire, coach and lead project teams to meet project deadlines.
- Facilitate rapid transition of finance operations from a private to public company
- Track monthly actuals across multiple business units and affiliates on cash- and accrual-basis
- Perform monthly variance analytics to frame the financial impact and communicate up through financial organization
- Support financial planning and analysis functions across the organization
- Facilitate formulating global, consolidated budgets and detailed forecasts
- Build financial models and scenario analyses for parent company and its affiliates
- Drive headcount budgeting and BVA to actuals in partnership with HR
- Support the process of monthly and quarterly close in partnership with multiple business units managing deadlines and ensuring accurate financial results.
- Work cross-functionally with internal accounting organization and various business units on finance-related issues to ensure proper expense recognition and compliance with internal controls
- Work closely with multiple business units to create real and active partnerships
- Support implementation of NetSuite system across the organization
- Graduated with an excellent academic record with a Bachelor’s degree in a finance or accounting discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience, and minimum of 3 years public company biotech/pharmaceutical experience
- Have been directly responsible for public biopharma company boardroom quality presentations and reports
- In-depth owner of accounting and financial reporting experience in a public company operational environment
- Preclinical and Clinical stage experience - a must have, commercial stage - an advantage
- CRO contract skills and familiarity of accounting and finance issues therein
- Excellent analytical skills; with a self-critique/high quality expectation of deliverables, highly data-driven and understanding the importance of both quantitative data and qualitative information
- Business professional equipped with a combination of corporate finance, accounting, and life sciences R&D experience
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized and able to manage and deliver multiple projects with minimal guidance
- Proactive, attention to details and data-driven, results oriented professional with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced environment consisting of internal and external team partners
- Possess a global mindset and ability to understand the nuances of working in a global, matrixed environment. FX, transfer costs across 20+ companies
- Demonstrated expert-level skills in performing financial modeling, forecasting and management reporting and high impact briefing materials
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, NetSuite, and Smartsheet
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills. Language, cultural and time zone sensitive
- Highly empathetic with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
- Willing to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise