|Employer:||California Center for Psychedelic Therapy|
|Date Posted:||Jan 23, 2023|
|Focus / Industry:|
Los Angeles, California, USA
Psychotherapist I (LMFT, LCSW, PsyD)
FULL-TIME- onsite & remote, Mon 12:30-8; Tues 11:30-6:30; Weds 10-7; Fri 12:30-8; up to 32 hours per week
California Center for Psychedelic Therapy is the premier clinical center in Southern California specializing in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and complementary clinical services. We are proudly clinician owned and run. We are the first treatment center in Southern California to provide ketamine-assisted psychotherapy under the care of both a licensed psychiatrist and licensed mental health professionals. Our multidisciplinary team of clinicians and researchers are at the forefront of the budding field of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. Our vision is to provide the gold standard in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies, innovative psychiatry, and complementary practices. Our mission is to share our unique expertise, ongoing research, and clinical experience in this field to provide and refine new, safe, and effective methods of mental health treatment to help our clients and communities find relief and thrive.
Our Areas of Specialization include: Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy Trauma-focused Psychotherapy
Transpersonal Psychotherapy Psychedelic Integration Therapy
As a full- time psychotherapist (LMFT, LCSW, PsyD), your responsibilities and duties will include:
- ● Conducting comprehensive, culturally-responsive, and strengths-based mental health assessments.
- ● Developing effective treatment plans with clear case conceptualization and intervention strategies.
- ● Providing individual, couples and family psychotherapy utilizing a trauma-informed transpersonal orientation.
- ● Preparing and maintaining treatment rooms in a professional and hygienic manner for team use.
- ● Assessing for risk factors and managing client crises in adherence to California BBS/BOP laws for
- mandated reporting, legal and psychotherapist’s code of ethics.
- ● Collaboration with the multidisciplinary treatment team, including nursing and psychiatry as needed.
- ● Maintaining clinical charts via Electronic Health Records system, including all required documentation of psychotherapy session treatment plans and intake assessments.
- ● Maintaining confidentiality of records and client PHI as required by law.
- ● Attending and participating in regular supervision, team meetings and training as needed.
- ● CA licensed psychotherapist with scope of practice that includes at least 2 years of diagnosing
- and treating mental health conditions, including C-PTSD, PD and TRD
- ● Exceptional bedside manner and client-centered mindset
- ● Strong time management and communication skills
- ● Comfort working in fast-paced, collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- ● Ability to confidently conduct psychological evaluations and diagnose mental health disorders
- ● Personal experience with non-ordinary states of consciousness strongly preferred
- ● Positive, collaborative working style
- Up to 32 hours of clinical work/week
- 4 day work week- M, T, W, F
- Training and supervision in Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy Excellent benefits- generous PTO, health insurance, 401k
- Email your resume and cover letter to jobs@psychedelictherapyCA.com to apply.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe that businesses hold the responsibility of counteracting the disproportionate marginalization of people in society, including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do in order to successfully treat our clients, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
CCPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.