Scientist, Senior Neuroscientist (Early-Stage Drug Discovery and Development Psychedelics)
|Date Posted:||Jun 24, 2021|
|Focus / Industry:|
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
MagicMed is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and commercial development of novel pharmaceuticals based on known psychedelic compounds. MagicMed’s expanding collection of psychedelic derivatives (the Psybrary™) is expected to yield the next generation of precision medicines for brain and mental health.
About The Opportunity
There is a revolution happening in mental health, treating indications such as depression and PTSD. Would you like to join an innovative and growing company whose goal is to make a positive impact on human health?
MagicMed is seeking a full-time scientist to lead and design the implementation of early stage in vitro and tissue culture discovery-based assays to evaluate the novel psychedelic drug candidates contained in the Psybrary™. As part of our Research & Development team, you will have an opportunity to contribute your ideas, and have an impact in the development of novel medicines for the treatment of mental health indications.
This position is based at our office in Calgary, Alberta.
About The Candidate
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, team player with a strong background in pharmacology, neuroscience and early stage drug development for brain and mental health indications.
- Design, develop and execute in vitro and tissue culture-based assays for the early development of novel mental health drug candidates.
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary scientific team involved in the in vitro and tissue culture-based testing of novel drug candidates.
- Troubleshoot and solve experimental problems.
- Research current literature to formulate strategies, evaluate and implement new techniques and technologies to advance the projects.
- Maintain complete and accurate record of all observations, measurements, techniques, procedures, and conclusions.
- PhD in pharmacology, neuroscience, biochemistry or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment.
- Experience screening and developing novel neurological drug candidates.
- Knowledge and experience with state-of-the-art pharmacology models and techniques.
- Experience in early drug development and drug candidate screening.
- Brain and mental health drug development experience is preferred.
- Experience with high throughput assays and pipelines is ideal.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Able to work collaboratively in cross functional multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills, with high attention to detail.
- Motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest and willingness to learn about psychedelics.
We thank all applicants for their interest in MagicMed Industries; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.