Part-time - Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (PMHNP-BC)
The Mindstrong Health Services Nurse Practitioner is a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (PMHNP-BC) in the State of Kentucky responsible for working directly with our members via telehealth services to provide psychiatric evaluation of individuals living with severe mental illness. Duties include review of present and past mental health symptoms and associated treatments, history of medical conditions, history of and current substance use/abuse, relevant familial history, current mental status, and formulation of a member-centered diagnosis and treatment plan.
Mindstrong members are referred to us by our healthcare partners and are predetermined to experience symptoms related to Severe Mental Illness (SMI). Our Clinical Specialist will proactively engage members with mental health needs and help to manage their symptoms through biomarker monitoring, crisis planning and response, and triage and assessment.
We are looking for enthusiastic, highly tech-savvy, motivated, and flexible individuals who demonstrate a high level of writing proficiency and professionalism. This is a part-time contracted position.
- Support the mental and physical health care of an assigned member panel through a digital health platform.
- Closely coordinate care with the member’s healthcare team, including primary care providers, Mindstrong health psychiatrists, and other mental health providers.
- Develop, implement, and update care plans that include biopsychosocial factors, crisis-prevention, and medical behavioral integration for physical health needs.
- Engage Mindstrong Health members in Crisis Response Planning.
- Provide on-call crisis support coverage during non-business hours to member panels on a rotating basis.
- Provide cross-coverage medical and clinical support to our team of psychiatric providers including medication refills, laboratory review, member phone calls, and the like for individuals in states in which you retain an active license.
- Document patient progress and treatment recommendations in Mindstrong Health's HIPAA-compliant portal.
- Address patient status changes in collaboration with the Mindstrong Health Clinical Team in a detailed, timely, and effective manner; communicate changes in Mindstrong Health service offerings and other care recommendations to members.
- Participate in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the Mindstrong Health Clinical Team and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the member’s providers.
- Uphold company values and maintain a strong team dynamic, including sharing your specific expertise with teammates.
- Provide feedback to cross-functional teams to inform the development and delivery of member/provider-facing products.
- Learn, test, and incorporate new interventions and care pathways to improve outcomes, engagement, or care delivery efficiency and effectiveness.
- **Advance Practice Nurse licensure
- Minimum of 3 years providing care for patients with mental health needs.
- Familiarity, comfort, and confidence with technology and start-up culture. **Tech- savviness is a must**
- Comfort and confidence navigating multiple applications such as Doxy.me, Google Suite, ZOOM, etc.
- Excess flexibility in dealing with changing demands and priorities of a start-up environment and the ability to handle ambiguity, change, and highly fluid workflows.
- Strong clinical background with an in-depth understanding of factors affecting outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with members with behavioral and mental health issues.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to pursue multiple priorities simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Maintain a very strong sense of professionalism and maturity.
- Being licensed in multiple states is a plus!
- Experience working in community mental health and human services, case management, AOD, residential treatment settings, or others is a plus!
- Applicants being considered for hire must pass a scheduled background and drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Join us in our journey to transform the future of brain health!
This job can be based anywhere US-based as long as you have a Kentucky license in good standing.
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org