Cybin has an exciting opportunity for licensed mental health professionals to join our growing team as contracted Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy Facilitators!
Cybin. Inc is a leading life sciences company focused on delivering powerful and effective new psychedelic-based therapies that are accessible to all. Cybin is dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. Cybin’s mission is to provide the gold standard in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies to maximize therapeutic benefit for participants. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
EMBARK™ is a ground-breaking psychotherapy model that integrates leading clinical approaches to promote supportive healing with psychedelic medicine. EMBARK is a transdiagnostic psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy applicable to a range of indications including major depressive disorder, alcohol use disorder, and anxiety disorders. EMBARK’s integrative approach comprises of six therapeutic domains: Existential & Spiritual, Mindfulness, Body Aware, Affective-Cognitive, Relational, and Keeping Momentum. For more details about EMBARK and the training program, please see the bottom of this posting and/or visit the EMBARK website at: https://cybin.com/embark/
Applicants accepted into this program will be trained to be facilitators in Cybin’s sponsored clinical trials, responsible for delivering skillful and ethical psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to study participants. Facilitators are expected to have significant clinical experience and familiarity with psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and complementary therapeutic approaches to apply for the EMBARK training program.
Applicants accepted into the program will be compensated for their time during the training period. After completion of the program, they will be referred to contracted research sites selected for Cybin-sponsored trials expected in 2022. Enrollment and completion of the EMBARK Training Program does not guarantee selection/hiring at a research site. For conflict-of-interest reasons, EMBARK facilitators will not be selected for research sites at which they are already employed. Once selected/hired at the research site, the position may require an estimated 10-20 hours per week, but will vary depending on scheduled participant visits.
Facilitators must complete the EMBARK Therapy Training Program and demonstrate competency before beginning clinical work. Facilitators will be evaluated for ongoing eligibility by clinical supervisors to ensure their ability to provide skillful and ethical therapy.
As part of their preparation to work as study therapists, all facilitators will receive in-depth didactic and experiential training in the full spectrum of psychedelic-assisted therapy best practices and evidence-based interventions.
This is an approximate 70-hour training, offered at no cost to facilitators, and will be hosted remotely and with an in-person retreat (~3 days) in the United States. Of that time, approximately 10-20 hours of clinical research training will be required for applicants with no prior experience/training in clinical research.
The EMBARK Training Program cohort for New Jersey will take place in 2022 to prepare facilitators for potential opportunities beginning in Summer 2022.
The training program curriculum for facilitators is centered around EMBARK, a six-domain framework for psychedelic-assisted therapy that was designed to be adaptable to different indications, populations, and therapeutic modalities.
EMBARK’s six clinical domains (Existential-Spiritual, Mindfulness, Body Aware, Affective-Cognitive, Relational, Keeping Momentum) represent the broad spectrum of ways in which therapeutic benefits may arise in psychedelic treatment and the equally broad training needed to prepare therapists to support them all. EMBARK’s creators, Bill Brennan, PhD (cand) and Cybin’s Chief Clinical Officer, Alexander Belser, PhD, drew from leading evidence in the field of psychedelic research and the wisdom of senior psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy teachers to develop a uniquely comprehensive framework for working with material that commonly arises in psychedelic preparation, medicine, and integration sessions.
The curriculum will include modules on EMBARK’s six domains as well as indication-specific curriculum, inviting trainees to bring in their prior skillsets in a flexible, yet structured way. Throughout their training and clinical work with participants, facilitators will be supported in their personal and professional growth through experiential group work with non-ordinary states of consciousness within their respective cohorts, peer consultation groups, and ongoing opportunities for supervision. The program is being developed to ensure trauma-informed, culturally competent, and ethically rigorous care.
Upon completion of the EMBARK Therapy Training Program, facilitators will be paired with experienced supervisors to begin their clinical work with participants. Facilitators will be evaluated on an ongoing basis for their adherence to treatment protocol guidelines and ethical standards.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Approximately 10-20 hours of clinical work/week with competitive compensation for duration of future potential clinical program opportunities
- Pre-requisite completion of the EMBARK Therapy Training Program with successful evaluation post-training
- Delivering psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to participants with guidance and evaluation from experienced supervisors
- Participation in supervision meetings according to the indication’s required Supervision protocol
- Participation in peer consultation groups with fellow facilitators to support clinical work within a community of practice
- Maintaining clinical charts, including all required documentation of session treatment plans and intake assessments
- Maintaining confidentiality of records as required by law and treatment protocol
- Attending regular team meetings and training as needed
- Attending any required clinical research trainings, including Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and maintaining certifications for duration of study
- An active license or registration to practice psychotherapy in good standing in the region in which work will be conducted. For example, the Applicant may be trained as a psychiatrist, clinical or counseling psychologist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, licensed clinical social worker, counsellor, or other licensed psychotherapist
- Demonstrated a basic understanding of psychedelic-assisted approaches to therapy and their key differences from other clinical approaches
- An ability to provide a calm, supportive, and non-judgmental therapist presence
- An ability to form relationships of trust with participants
- An ability and willingness to conduct hours-long medicine sessions with patience and unobtrusiveness
- An ability to balance a flexible, responsive approach to treatment with the incorporation of evidence-based practices
- Capacity for engaging in adequate self-care while participating in challenging clinical work
- Ideally experience working with therapeutic approaches that make use of altered states of consciousness
- It is preferred that applicant be engaged in their own inner-personal wellness practice, both prior to (>2 years) and during clinical work
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
The cover letter should describe:
- Why you are applying to become a facilitator in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
- How your background, experience, and/or training aligns with psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and/or any elements of EMBARK model (e.g. domains, cornerstones of care, etc.). For more details, see: https://cybin.com/embark/
Cybin Inc. is focused on building a diverse workforce and advancing equity and inclusion within clinical protocols and the EMBARK training program. Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, medical status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at HR@Cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.