Seeking a psychiatrist, full-time or part-time, to join our growing team of mental health prescribers and therapists along the wasatch front, and supervise one of our new clinic locations in Salt Lake county (Draper and/or Salt Lake City, opening Q1 2021).
Cedar Psychiatry is a specialized mental health organization with outpatient clinics located in Springville, Orem, Layton and Salt Lake City. We're expanding into Draper and other Utah locations, and looking for a compassionate, skilled and personable Psychiatrist to oversee a new clinic location consisting of other psychiatric prescribers and psychotherapists. We are seeking a psychiatrist devoted to treating patients through a variety of innovative and evidence-based modalities, including TMS, Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP), Spravato (esketamine), and other psychedelic therapies as they become available.
Cedar Psychiatry was co-founded by Utah psychiarist Dr. Reid Robison, MD in 2019 (currently serving as Chief Medical Officer) and is owned by Novamind, a Toronto-based organization dedicated to building the infrastructure to enable psychedelic medicine. See novamind.ca and cedarpsychiatry.com to learn more.
- Current or pending board certification in psychiatry
- Degree from an accredited medical school, plus completion of an approved psychiatric residency
- Licensed in the state of Utah
- Current DEA registration
- Excellent knowledge and familiarity with current DSM-5 criteria
- Strong functional knowledge of general psychiatric principles and practices
- Maintain license void of personal and/or professional misconduct.
- Be able to pass an background check including all educational requirements and licensing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen and assess patients via psychiatric evaluations, including interviews, medical histories, physical exams, observations, and psychological testing
- Prescribe/administer medications according to diagnosis
- Monitor patients to determine efficacy of medications
- Develop treatment plans, measure progress, and make adjustments as needed
- Provide crisis intervention when needed
- Complete clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Management and administration of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Ketamine-assisted Psychotherapy (will provide in-depth training the right candidate)
- Supervise and train prescribers and therapists in evidence-based treatment modalities