Admissions and Enrollment Manager: Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research
|CIIS Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research
|Nov 17, 2023
|$101,000 / year
|Focus / Industry:
|Education / Psychedelics
San Francisco, California, USA
The Admissions Manager handles a broad range of duties and responsibilities that manage, maintain, facilitate, and improve the workflow and operations of the admissions process. The position is empowered to and instrumental in 1) processing and releasing admissions decisions; 2) creating and managing admissions information sessions; 3) overseeing the processing of admissions materials and handling initial inquiries; and 4) supervising the admissions coordinator and interviewers; maintaining the application database; and 5) other projects as assigned, especially outside of admissions season. The position reports directly to the Director of the Certificate Program. There may be some options for working remotely on an ongoing basis and will involve occasional in-person weekend and evening class or event support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages CPTR admissions procedures and reviews credentialing of prospective applicants.
- Works with Center Director and Director of the Certificate Program to set and monitor trainee numbers each year and start waitlist if needed.
- Prepares admissions policies, procedures, and materials in collaboration with the Center Director and Director of the Certificate Program.
- Sets up, manages, and hosts admissions information sessions on Zoom and in person.
- Travels to recruit a diversified, high-quality application pool. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Writes information emails to be sent to MailChimp list regarding the admissions process.
- Works in collaboration with the Certificate Program Director to prepare timely information for the website regarding the admissions process.
- Identify eligibility of all applicants for possible interview and entrance into the program.
- Manages all aspects of the work by the Admissions Committee.
- Supervises the Admissions Coordinator.
- Creates and trains admissions interviewers to work with Slate admissions software and evaluation tools.
- Assigns interviews after determining top candidates to whom to extend an interview
- Resolves admissions problems as they arise.
- Coordinates admission committee review of applicants and other teacher and alumni participation in recruitment and admissions, with priority given to bringing in a diverse cohort of trainees.
- Prepares decision letters to notify candidates of admission decisions and releases admissions decisions.
- Works with Center Director on other multiple projects related to retention and trainee support during months when admissions processes are not active.
- Maintains enrollment and progress tracking forms.
- Coordinates with other departments on campus to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Sets up and implements payment system.
- Collaborates with finance to ensure tuition is paid by each trainee.
- Multiple other duties as assigned, especially outside of admissions season.
- Establishes scholarship funding and available financial aid in coordination with Center Director and Director of the Certificate Program.
- Processes scholarship and financial aid applications.
- Manages the scholarship committee(s).
- Communicates financial aid/scholarship decisions.
- BA and 10+ years of experience working in directly in admissions and recruitment.
- Demonstrable experience working with diversity and equity.
- Creativity and strong analytical as well as technology skills and software fluency.
- Skill in delivering and receiving feedback.
- The vision, flexibility, energy patience, adaptability, and sense of humor to lead successfully and cultivate growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office software and email applications.
- Demonstrates professional behavior, including discretion, good judgment, and integrity.
Occasional work performed alone with ability to work remotely from time-to-time. Collaboration and constant work around and with other people.
This position requires attention to detail, good memory, ability to work under deadline pressure, sitting and standing for long periods of time, oral and written communication, keyboarding for significant portions of the workday, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, patience, and tact to perform the essential functions.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $92,000 - $101,000
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions - Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically Monday through Friday.
- Background Check - Due to the sensitivity and requirements of this position, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses, or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship - Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance - This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.