Psychedelic Studies Senior Coordinator
Under the direction of the Education & Engagement Manager, the Psychedelic Studies Senior Coordinator is responsible for psychedelic studies training program implementation and delivery; supporting trainees through program inquiry, enrollment, participation and completion; assisting with ongoing program management; and coordinating and staffing program retreats and experientials. The Senior Coordinator must be able to coordinate and collaborate effectively with an array of internal and external collaborators/stakeholders, including affiliate University partners. This position involves a dynamic combination of detail-oriented administrative work, complex events planning, and interpersonal customer service.
This is a primarily remote/virtual position with a somewhat flexible work schedule and a general expectation of availability during regular weekday business hours of 9am – 5pm MT, while recognizing that some on-site hours will be mandatory for roughly 6-12 retreats and other events. A consistent, stable, high-speed internet connection is required.
As North America's leading institution of contemplative education, Naropa is uniquely positioned to be a leader in psychedelic studies, utilizing an experiential learning approach that is cohort-based, mindfulness-infused and socially-engaged.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate, manage and oversee program admissions and application review process for the training programs, including screening and organization of all incoming applications.
• Support communication with all prospective participants, responding to inquires and fulfilling detailed information requests.
• Coordinate instructor and staff schedules for certificate activities, including meetings, appointments, applicant review panels, interviews and onboarding/training sessions.
• Assist in delivering comprehensive administrative assistance throughout the entirety of the program.
• Coordinate, manage and oversee the planning, logistics, scheduling and implementation of required multi-day residential retreats for the Certificate (10-12 per year currently expected), including transportation, lodging and accessibility needs for participants, instructors and staff.
• Provide real-time support during retreats, including on-site, residential staffing at multiple retreats per year, maintaining consistent professional support and program coordination throughout.
• Provide real-time support during virtual live class sessions (regularly-scheduled Saturday live classes, evening events and others), including proficient tech-based production assistance, online class tech management, note-taking, response to questions, aggregating feedback and more.
• Represent the University and the Center at conferences and other events, including but not limited to staffing an informational booth, distributing materials, and fostering relationships
• Coordinate with and assist program directors/managers with content preparation, delivery, assessment and completion tracking of training curriculum, ensuring technical readiness and accuracy in close partnership with staff.
• Coordinate all continuing education accreditation processes for relevant programs; coordinate and support program approval and regulatory compliance for various training certifications.
• Coordinate and manage the implementation of related Extended Campus and University Psychedelic Studies programming, including lecture series, visiting instructors, and other events.
• Provide technical support for participants within the application and enrollment processes, and LMS course environment.
• Maintain a consistently high standard of program data collection and upkeep, including regular audits for data accuracy.
• Support the tracking of program expenses and basic budgeting, including ongoing payments and refunds management.
• Support psychedelic studies market research, prospective programming and other psychedelic studies and related initiatives.
• Keep up to date on trends in psychedelic studies with respect to academic, research, therapy training and related initiatives, as well as clinical trial and legalization progress.
• Other duties as required
What Naropa Requires…
• All job candidates must hold a commitment to co-create a diverse and inclusive community and actively participate in related JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) professional development regarding the dynamics of privilege and oppression and the impact these have in the workplace.
• All job candidates must demonstrate their level of understanding of the dynamics of privilege and oppression, and the impact these have on equity, access, and opportunity.
• All job candidates must demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of and appreciation for the values of Naropa University and the capacity to demonstrate an integration and embodiment of these values as evidenced in work, communication, collaboration styles, and other general workplace behaviors.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university; or 4 years of additional administrative experience
Minimum length of prior applicable professional experience required:
• 4 years of prior professional experience in an administrative role
May prior relevant experience substitute for degree? Yes
(PLEASE NOTE: each applicant’s experience and demonstrated skills are assessed on a case-by-case basis as to their relevancy to the position applied for as well as whether they may substitute for required degree.)
Minimum Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and/or Competencies Required:
• Demonstrated program coordination and/or events planning experience
• Strong organizational skills in handling, directing, and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments/projects and maintaining records
• Highly detail-oriented and self-directed, self-motivated
• Solid critical thinking skills for problem-solving, and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to administration as well as internal and external stakeholders
• Proficient in the use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet to access data, maintain records, generate reports
• Demonstrated experience with LMS platforms (Canvas, Thinkific, etc.) including content additions
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team, consistently utilizing proactive communication, emotional intelligence, and critical thinking skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external partners
• Ability to respond to nuanced inquiries or complaints from participants, presenters, regulatory agencies, and members of the business or educational community
• Ability to excel in a high-tech all-digital environment; proficient in video conferencing and digital events software (Zoom, BigMarker, etc)
• High capacity to adapt to changing circumstances, priorities and unexpected challenges
• Ability to handle sensitive and extensive personal information effectively while maintaining the highest standards of privacy and confidentiality
• Interest in and basic understanding of the rapidly-evolving field of psychedelic studies
Qualifications Naropa Would Prefer in Candidates for this Position
• 3+ years of program coordination or events planning experience
• Knowledgeable about the therapeutic application and regulatory landscapes of psychedelic medicines and/or professional experience in the psychedelics field
• Experience with industry-specific regulations and compliance requirements
• Demonstrated excellence in detail-oriented and self-motivated program coordination
• Interest in and market awareness of the mindfulness, wellness, spirituality, psychedelics and contemplative education spaces
• Experience with continuing education and workforce development programs and initiatives, and/or experience in higher education registration, admissions, or similar
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
• During regular daily activities, employee must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: Sit, stand, walk, handle/finger, bend at waist, reach above shoulder level
• During regular daily activities, employee may be exposed to the following: interruptions.
Naropa recognizes the following holidays throughout the year:
-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
-Fall Break, 4th Thursday and Friday in November
-Winter Break, the last two weeks in December encompassing the Christmas holiday as well as New Year’s
Naropa’s health and welfare benefits include the following: medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment, an employer-sponsored pre-tax retirement savings plan, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching, and a variety of voluntary, employee-paid supplemental insurance plans.
A comprehensive benefits package is available to full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours each week. Employees who work 20 – 29 hours each week are eligible for only the employer-paid short-term & long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance & accidental death and dismemberment, and the retirement plan, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching.