Executive Assistant and Project Manager: Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research
|CIIS Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research
|Aug 15, 2023
|$75,000 / year
|Focus / Industry:
|Education / Psychedelics
San Francisco, California, USA
The Executive Assistant and Project Manager is responsible for a variety of highly responsible, diverse, complex, and sensitive assignments in support of the Center Director, including the coordination of functions, communication of policy, researching information, preparation of reports, and other administrative and secretarial tasks. The Executive Assistant is expected to process administrative details not requiring the immediate attention of the Center Director. Serving as staff secretary to the Center Director, Director of Certificates, and Admissions and Enrollment Manager, the Executive Assistant provides organizational support for meetings and tracks agenda items and follows up. The position requires a substantial amount of tact, judgment, and initiative. The incumbent is required to be self-directed, exhibit superb attention to detail, and able to exercise discretion and judgment; the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the Center Director's activities, including management of a complex calendar, travel arrangements and associated logistics. Independently commit the Center Director's time to those requesting access to her based on an in-depth understanding of the Center Director's priorities and needs.
- Assist Admissions and Enrollment Manager and Director of Certificate Programs in their scheduling of meetings with hundreds of inquiries for applying to the program, affiliated organizations requesting meeting on collaborative initiatives, and note-taking on these meetings.
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics for meetings and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the university, including CPTR affiliates, senior-level staff, donors, faculty, students, and alumni; attend meetings and take notes, prepare and distribute agendas and background materials as appropriate.
- Serve as the Center Director's liaison to various internal and external constituencies, including screening correspondence and telephone calls; keep the Center Director informed of all matters requiring her attention.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation.
- Oversee and/or manage multiple projects; anticipate and track critical dates, events and organizational issues for the CPTR Director, Director and Certificate Manager; follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
- Support CPTR staff on internal and externally-facing projects, such as analyzing student, lecturer, and programmatic evaluations
- Pays special attention to diversity and belonging concerns in all aspects of supporting the Center Director and in CPTR projects
- Utilize various computer applications and software packages; enter, update, correct, and extract information; maintain and generate reports from a database or network system.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree and six years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated extensive high-level administrative experience supporting C-suite individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive working relationships and gain the trust and respect of all levels of internal and external constituencies.
- Contextual understanding of Director's role within the university framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated experience with advocacy and skills related to diversity and equity
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office software, project management software, and Microsoft email applications.
Occasional work performed alone with ability to work remotely from time-to-time. Collaboration and constant work around and with other people.
This position requires attention to detail, good memory, ability to work under deadline pressure, sitting and standing for long periods of time, oral and written communication, keyboarding for significant portions of the workday, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, patience, and tact to perform the essential functions.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $69,000 - 75,000
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions - Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically Monday through Friday.
- Background Check - Due to the sensitivity and requirements of this position, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses, or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship - Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance - This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.